Sunday, July 21, 2013

AGORAPHOBIA :: NOT A MENTAL ILLNESS

There are many people who have Mental Illness but they don't want to go for a Psychiatrist.  They think if they go to them then they will get Electric Shock.  But in the Modern Science there are many medicines which can overcome Mental Illness.

As the Matter of Agoraphobia, Many psychologist say this is not a mental illness because in Mental Illness or Madness there is no Sense in Human Being.  Means a Mad has no Sense.  But an Agoraphobic patient has Sense and so that person is not Mad.

Agoraphobia is only to avoid the situation of Panic Disorder.  What is Panic Disorder you can feel with my own experience. 

" As I approch the Train and Sit.  I feel Pain in My Stomach, I think What is the problem now starting in my Stomach.  What should I do Now.  My Mouth goes Dry and my heart starts pounding.  Now I feel sick in my Stomach but I don't need of Toilate.  So, that situation goes more and more worse.  I think I am going to faint.  I can hardly breathe and my hands are shaking.  Then I fees that I should return to my Home."

After returning Home when your work which was more important could not be completed then you will go in Depression.  Because When you will return Home all the symptoms will Disappear and you will be all right such as you have no any problem and your Stomach will all right automatically.

Then You think that you will Sick only on Train and you will have to avoid train not for your interest but for your compulsion because you don't want to face that Panic once Again.

That is Agoraphobia, You have Sense and you are not Mad but you have some Situation to avoid and then you will become more depress because other people will happy and enjoing that places and situation but you are not.

Also you are in Depression that you will not come when your Friends programe for a party.  So, in that case you will be avoided.  So, you will be alone and go more depress.  But the Main thing is that The Agoraphobic Patient should have to share his/her all problem to friends and Parents.  Because Agoraphobia Means You are not Mentally ill and you are not Mad.  Friends and Parent can help you and with help of Doctor and CBT therapy may be this some Small Problem you can get rid of it. 

Agoraphobia is Not a Mental Illness and an Agoraphobic is not a MAD. 

No comments:

Post a Comment